Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and New Years!

Well unfortunately I don't really have any "pictures" of Christmas because Andrew just took a video instead. OOPS! So I'll just tell ya how it went.

Jenna got up too early (go figure) but I convinced her to get in bed with me for a little bit because "it wasn't time to get up yet". It works most days we can get another half hour in or so, but it didn't work so well on Christmas. She didn't even realize it was Christmas until I told her, she was just hungry. So we started making muffins, when I leaned over to her and told her that it was Christmas and I asked if she wanted to go wake Madison up. We woke both Madison and Daddy up and started opening up presents. The thing both girls wanted the most was the Diamond Castle Barbies. Jenna wanted the one with "yellow hair" and Madison wanted the one with "brown hair". Why they couldn't remember their names I don't know because they had seen the movie many times before. Jenna got the Barbie, a Princess bike, slippers, Wii Music, and a few other misc things. Madison got the Barbie, an MP3 player, slippers and Island Princess Barbie for the Wii. We really wanted to hold back on any real toys this year, we did get them an art desk and a game, but that was it. I'm so ready to purge the toys they do have. So after all presents were open we ate, then played with the presents, put the art desk and Princess bike together. By then Andrew and I needed a nap and the girls wanted to watch a new movie they got. After nap and a movie we went to the in-laws for dinner, stayed there for awhile and came home. It was a good day all around.

So for New Years Eve we are having our first party. I'm so excited and can't want. We are going to be having lots of appetizers, poker, karaoke, and maybe Guitar Hero. As far as resolutions go, I'm going to do them, but not by any certain date because that makes it harder for me to do. The things I would like to work on are to realize how much God loves me, put all my trust in God alone, forgive those to have hurt me and ask forgiveness for those I've hurt, give everything in my life to God, and live for Christ with enthusiasm. Other then that I would like to work on exercising more and continueing to eat better.

Well I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a great New Year!

3 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

Sounds like a fun holiday season and I know about those barbies...my girls can't get enough of them. We also need to do a toy clean out...good luck with yours...I know I'll need it!

NaDell said...

Hey there. I knew Andy in HS. He built a computer for my parents. His little bro and mine were best buddies. I love blogging. Your kids are adorable and close to the same age as my little girls.
NaDell

Alyssa said...

you should check out Christine's blog:
http://lifeofsteen.blogspot.com/