Monday, August 2, 2010
Please pray for my freezer:-)
We have an upright freezer out in our garage that is pretty old. We got it used about 7 years ago and it is STILL running perfectly. While our garage is finished with drywall it isn't insulated so it gets really hot in there in the summer and cold in the winter. So about a month and a half ago "someone" accidental left the door open all night from about 7:30 pm to 7:30 am when we noticed. Most everything was defrosted and unusable at that point. Not cool considering I stock up on chicken and buy 1/4 of a cow every year or so, plus all the other things that are in there from my stockpile. So after that we were concerned that the compressor would be working over time and eventually go out. After being open all night, with the compressor running, then being closed it then ran for at least another 24 or more hours. So 12 plus the 24 plus hours of running constantly. CRAZY!! Well it's still working just fine. Until last night when I got in there for something and there was a little bit of ice(condensation) by the door that was melting. Thought it was weird, but just maybe that I had the door open and it was super hot in the garage. Then after shopping this morning and getting in there to put stuff away I noticed that some more of the ice was totally melted away and things were basically defrosting. I about freaked out. Texted hubby and told him I have to go shopping for a new freezer today, he called me and I told him what was going on. He told me to go out to the garage and check the GFC switch and see if it was tripped. Well not really knowing what a GFC switch was I went to the breaker box saw that nothing was tripped. He then explained to me what the GFC switch was after which I found where it was, pushed the reset button and the compressor on the freezer started right up. I tell ya this freezer is one tough thing. I am so grateful that I don't have to go out and buy a new freezer. I really don't want to spend $500 on one, I would but I really don't want to. So if you wouldn't mind, Praise God that my freezer is one tough freezer and pray that it keeps running a couple more years. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! Ours tripped once and we lost everything because we didn't know for several days. We found out that we could get an "alarm" the plugs into the outlet and let's us know (flashes) when it trips. HTH!
Good luck and may your freezer keep on chuggin'!!
Post a Comment